The South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce offers a wide range of resources for your business from start-up to expansion to succession planning.
Our services include:
- Research – fee for service
- Small Business Start Up – Community Information
- Statistical Information
- Economic Gardening
- Business and organization training seminars and workshops
- Project information and referrals
Canadian Centre for Business Growth
C2BG delivers a program that is as much economic development as business development. As a business expansion program it promotes new revenues and job creation for businesses that already reside in the community.
C2BG is a full-scale program to help entrepreneurs compete in the global economy. the focus is on entrepreneurs because the tools and services of Economic Gardening leverage specific aspects associated with high-growth, innovative companies with ten to a hundred employees.
Tel: 250. 492.4305 Extn. 3299
South Okanagan Immigrant and Community Services
The South Okanagan Immigrant and Community Services (SOICS) developed this employer
toolkit, with funding from the Government of Canada and the Province of British
The toolkit is divided into four main sections:
- Benefits of Hiring Immigrant Workers
- Understanding Culture
- How to Recruit and Retain Skilled Immigrant Workers
- Employer Resources
South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce Professional Business Consultant
WESTRAND Consulting Group is a professional consulting company dedicated to providing management development and consulting expertise, corporate and organizational development, leadership development and mentorship to the clients we serve. Our customers range from small and medium size businesses to community groups including Chambers of Commerce and Cooperatives.
- Business Plan development
- Strategic Planning for organizations and business
- Leadership and management development
- Small business and retail development
- Community development
For more information about business start-up or resources, contact the Chamber of Commerce CEO, Bonnie Dancy, or call 250-498-6321
Links to our Partners:
Online Business Permits and Licencing Service
Community Futures Okanagan
A three tiered process focusing on information, infrastructure and connections, Economic
Gardening supports the idea that economies are grown internally and driven by local entrepreneurs. While traditional economic development strategies focus on attracting and recruiting new businesses, Economic Gardening is an approach designed to support local business and bring more wealth into the local economy.
Economic Gardening is focused on supporting local companies that are innovative and growing • Using the same sophisticated tools used by large corporations such as:
- Online Database searching to gather competitor and market information
- Geographic Information Systems for mapping market and competitor information
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to increase website visibility
- Web Marketing to increase web presence and traffic
- Social Media & Research Tools to communicate via the web
- Hiring and utilizing highly skilled staff
For more information contact Charles Cornell
250 493 2566 ext 213
Resource Centre for Small Business. Our goal is to become the most business-friendly jurisdiction in Canada. This site will connect you with the many programs and resources available to help you grow your small business in British Columbia.