The Town of Oliver, known as Canada’s Wine Capital, is home to 5,094 residents located between Osoyoos and Penticton, is currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Water Utility Operator. Reporting to the Utilities Manager, this position’s primary focus is the operation and maintenance of all aspects of the Town’s water distribution system.
Key Job Duties/Functions
- Guides the operation of the entire water system, arranging for annual inspections
- Coordinates major annual pump removal and maintenance
- Monitors water system components such as SCADA
- Maintains the operations of the water system including adjustment of electronic instruments and telemetry of logic control system
- Collaborates with the other Utility Operators in planning and operation of the water and wastewater systems
- Operation and maintenance of irrigation canal and distribution system
- Experience in operating equipment and doing repair and maintenance
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed
Hours of Work
- Normal work week is 5 days with 2 consecutive days off, 8 hours per day
- Regular shift is Monday – Friday
- The position is required to be on call as required
This is a CUPE Local 608 position with a salary range $29.94 - $37.39 per hour
- High School Graduation
- 5 years’ experience operating a water system
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- EOCP Water Distribution II Certification as a minimum
- EOCP Water Treatment Level I
- Chlorine handling certification
- Confined space entry certification
For more information on the Town, visit https://oliver.ca/. Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity are invited to submit their resume in PDF format to the Town of Oliver (candidates who do not possess all the qualifications/experience will be considered).
Resumes will be assessed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled.
Town of Oliver
6150 Main Street, Oliver, BC V0H 1T0
Tel: 250 485 6202
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 5 years or more