JOB TITLE: Transportation Dispatcher – Permanent – Full Time
Position options include; Remote, Hybrid Remote or at our Oliver location.
Okanagan Containers is looking for a permanent Transportation Dispatcher candidate to fill a full-time position starting as soon as possible.
This is a permanent, full time position Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm starting as soon as possible. Benefits package offered once the three month probation period is complete. Position will be open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Able to work independently with little supervision the Transportation Dispatcher candidate will be managing a growing fleet of long haul drivers, scheduling/dispatching loads and maintaining truck maintenance. Wage dependent on experience.
-Monitor driver movements and activities, provide support as required.
-Schedule and communicate the most efficient routes to drivers, work with drivers to maintain route integrity.
-Proactively review changing weather/road conditions and direct drivers on best routes to take to minimize disruptions as conditions change.
-Booking loads with current and new customers.
-Scheduling maintenance, CVI's and service intervals.
-Maintaining existing clients.
-Building relationships with new clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
-Experience in trucking industry.
-Comprehensive understanding of trucking industry throughout Canada and US: familiarity with US and Canadian Hours of Service rules, National Safety Code, Safety and Compliance factors and Weight and Dimension regulations across Canada and the US.
-Composure under pressure and ability to make quick, logical decisions.
-Strong organizational skills: time management, project planning and multi-tasking capability.
-Excellent computer/communication skills.
-Ability to perform sales, both telephone and direct contact.
-Valid driver’s license
- Accountability - Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information verbally and written, with consistency and clarity.
- Decision Making - Makes concrete, well-informed and thought out decisions that support the overall organization.
- Planning and Organizing - Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting out goals and objectives and work plans to complete.
- Problem Solving - Uses logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
How to Apply:
Complete package including: Cover letter, Resume, and Driver’s Abstract. Only complete packages will be reviewed.
Local applicants please bring your cover letter, driver’s abstract, and resume in person to our office at 237 Maple Ave, Oliver BC, Monday through Friday 8:30 – 5:00pm.
Out of town applicants please attach your cover letter, driver’s abstract and resume.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday