Full Job Description
Do you aspire to work with an incredible team of hard working, dedicated individuals?
Are you reliable, pay attention to details, and like to get to work?
If yes - continue reading because we'd love to hear from you!
What we offer:
- A competitive starting wage
- Company Events
- Employee perks and discounts
- Access to our wine education program and employee wellbeing initiatives such as our – Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for dedicated Harvest Interns to join our team here in Oliver, B.C. for the 2023 Harvest Season. Scroll on to learn more about the role.
What you are responsible for:
Reporting to the Winemakers, the Cellar Hand T1 will assist in the efficient and effective execution of cellar operations.
- Follows the plan of the Winemakers, the direction of the Laboratory Technician and full-time Cellar Hands.
- Carry out day to day winemaking tasks such as barrel work, wine racking and transfers, filtering, bottling and cleaning.
- All crush pad operations during harvest, including fruit receival, weighing, sorting, destemming, pressing, and cleaning.
- Other harvest related duties, such as red wine pump-overs, barrel rolling, punch downs, transfers, dig-outs etc.
- Completion of all written work orders, and associated record keeping.
- Meet company expectations in relation to standards of punctuality, attendance, and teamwork. Collaboration with all the Winemaking team, harvest interns and wider PCE employees.
- Help to create a safe and enjoyable work environment and adhere to all company health and safety procedures and policies.
- To assist in the effective and efficient completion of various miscellaneous tasks with the verbal and/or written permission from a direct supervisor
- Other duties as directed by the Winemaker.
What is required:
- Certificate, Diploma, Degree in Oenology / Winemaking preferred.
- A can-do attitude
- Attention to detail and respect for on-site safety work
- Ability to perform physical work including ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift certification is considered an asset, but not mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift