Production Line Worker
Full Job Description
Consolidated Fruit Packers
Star Produce Ltd. (The Star Group)
Status: Seasonal, Full-time and Part-time
Wage: $16.70 – 18.50/hr
**We offer a Retention Bonus of $2.00/hr worked**
Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) has been a leader in the Canadian fresh fruit industry since 1993. Supplying premium Okanagan valley apples, cherries, blueberries, and more to satisfied consumers. With over 60 years of combined experience and the backing of The Star Group, we bring new varieties and fresh approaches to meet the needs of our customers worldwide.
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and energetic team player to be a part of a state-of-the-art, fresh fruit company.
Our Osoyoos packing facility receives fruit (including cherries, peaches, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sorts it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Quality production line work, including making boxes, sorting, and packing fruit is vital in ensuring the quality of produce for our customer.
- Examine fruit by hand and/or with machines, according to size, colour, and grade, to ensure quality specifications are met
- Remove defective fruit, report quality and/or maintenance issues to Production Lead or Production Supervisor, and place it in specified area(s)
- Examine containers to ensure packaging specifications are met
- Ensure, weigh, and/or count fruit and place it into packaging container, by hand and/or using machines such as spouts and/or chutes
- Assemble packaging containers by hand and line containers with paper, cardboard, prepared padding, trays, and/or separators
- Report quality, maintenance, and safety issues to Manager or Supervisor
- Maintain a clean work environment, during and at the end of the shift, using brooms, mops, cleaning wipes
- Completion of other responsibilities as assigned.
Key Attributes and Skills
- Communication (verbal, written, listening)
- Basic mathematical skills
- Attention to Details
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Orientation
- Problem solving
- Recognize differences or similarities in products
Education and Experience
- First Aid training is an asset
- Previous agriculture and/or packing facility experience is an asset
Work is mainly conducted indoors in a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. Plant operating hours are dependent on crop, production, and shipping needs, with extended hours and seven-day-a-week operations common through peak months (i.e., June through October). Positions are seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June through October).
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, move, and assemble objects
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
- Frequent walking
- Occasional handling and use of cleaning tools
About the Star Group
The Star Group operates in all areas of the dynamic and rewarding fresh produce industry. This includes importing fruits and vegetables from around the globe, growing, as well as growing many of our products right here in Canada. We grow, pack and market produce in British Columbia, grow Canada’s best lettuce in a state-of-the-art greenhouse in Alberta, drive innovation and agronomic research in areas such as fresh strawberries and deliver prepared salads directly to Canadians at home (and much more.)
With more than 800 team members across operations in Western Canada, Florida, Arizona and Mexico, The Star Group is an exciting and rapidly growing force in Canadian produce. Our team is invigorated by the opportunity to produce nutritious, delicious fruits and vegetables in a way that is safer, more sustainable and better for the planet.
Passion, persistence, teamwork and a dash of prairie humility.
We invite you to visit our website to obtain more information about our companies, divisions, brands and products – www.starproduce.com
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (in PDF Form) in confidence. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Salary: $16.70-$18.50 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?