Sanitation Team Member
Sanitation Team Member
Consolidated Fruit Packer
Star Produce Ltd. (The Star Group)
Status: Hourly, Seasonal, Full-time, Evening and Weekend Shifts
Retention Bonus: $1/hour
Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) has been a leader in the Canadian fresh fruit industry since 1993. Supplying premium Okanagan valley apples, cherries, blueberries, and more to satisfied consumers. With over 60 years of combined experience and the backing of The Star Group, CFP is bringing new varieties and fresh approaches to meet the needs of our customers worldwide. This I is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and energetic team player to be a part of a state-of-the-art, fresh fruit company
Our Osoyoos packing facility receives fruit (including cherries, stone fruit, pears, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sorts it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. The Sanitation team is responsible to perform all facility and equipment sanitation practices and procedures in a produce packinghouse. This team helps ensure a quality product for our customers as well as the health and safety of our associates through compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of packing lines and equipment, offices, employee welfare areas, and washrooms, ensuring proper lockout/tagout procedures are followed as required.
- Use and store cleaning chemicals and equipment according to regulations
- Keep a daily log of cleaning activities
- Report any maintenance and safety issues to Manager or Supervisor
- Completion of other responsibilities as assigned
Key Attributes and Skills
- Communication skills in English (verbal, written, listening)
- Attention to Details
- Safety Awareness
- Quality orientation
Education and Experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience cleaning and sanitizing in a food manufacturing setting
- WHMIS training
- First Aid training is an asset
- Previous agriculture and/or packing facility experience is an asset
Work is mainly conducted indoors in a fruit packinghouse environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. Plant operating hours are dependent on crop, production, and shipping needs, with extended hours and seven-day-a-week operations common through peak months (i.e., June through October). Positions are seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June through October). Positions are required to work evenings and on weekends as required.
- Frequent handling/use of cleaning tools and machines
- Frequent standing, walking, climbing stairs, kneeling, stooping, crouching
- Frequent reaching, grasping, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, and moving objects up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
About the Star Group
We love fresh produce! The Star Group operates in every facet of the produce industry, growing fruits and vegetables in our Canadian greenhouses, partnering with growers across Canada and importing the best and freshest from around the world. Our brands are Just Picked, Big Taste and Inspired Greens, and we believe our products are raising the bar for Canadian produce. If you embody our values of Passion, Persistence and Teamwork and would like to be part of the future of food in Canada, we would love to meet you!
We invite you to visit our website to obtain more information about our companies, divisions, brands and products – www.starproduce.com
- Respect for People
- Team Atmosphere
- Paid Training
- Quality Leadership
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (in PDF Form) in confidence. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Retention bonus
- Are you eligible to work in Canada?
- Do you have reliable transportation to get to and from work?
- How many years of Cleaning & Sanitizing in a food manufacturing setting do you have?
- agriculture and/or packing facility: 1 year (preferred)
- WHMIS Certification (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
Work Location: One location