We are seeking an Assistant Branch Manager to join our team.
The ABM is responsible for the leadership of an assigned team of branch advisory employees (up to the Financial Advisor position) and ensures current and potential members receive exceptional service by providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to direct reports. The ABM participates in goal setting, tracking branch results and monitoring quality of sales/service delivery targets; responsible for branch compliance/FINTAC audit rating; and manages the branch, within designated limits and authority, in the absence of the branch manager.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
1.Leadership: Provides leadership and direction to assigned branch advisory employees: conducts orientation and training as required. Prioritizes and balances workloads, conducts regular coaching/mentoring sessions, and is responsible for completing performance reviews. Builds and promotes a team environment, reinforces positive behavior, corrects performance and initiates disciplinary action, as required. Works to resolve complex or escalated member issues.
2. Annual Business Plan: Participates in the development and achievement of the annual business plan. Ensures team goals and targets are achieved; ensures employees receive the training and tools required to be successful. Participates in setting branch service delivery targets and inspires employees to provide exceptional service delivery to members.
3. Business Development: Seeks opportunities to promote the branch and FW within the community by participating in community events and enhancing or developing new member relationships. Refers new contacts and potential sales opportunities to appropriate advisor.
4. Financial Management: Ensures direct report’s credit recommendations and/or approvals are in accordance with established policies. Approves credit application within established limits, as required.
5. Risk Management: Investigates and resolves risk management security issues such as robbery or fraud. Acts as branch compliance officer and completes related legislative processes and procedures; communicates updates on legislative requirements to branch employees, as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma in a related discipline or equivalent (Required)
- Other certifications (Mutual Fund License is required) (Leadership Development courses and PFP or CFP level one preferred)
- Three years progressive experience in sales advisory roles within the financial services industry
- Experience in Business development and Sales Leadership/coaching (Preferred)
- Proficient in computer software programs e.g. Microsoft Office and banking software programs
- Demonstrated leadership attributes and/or experience coaching a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to recognize needs, identify appropriate products and build strong customer relationships
- Proven track record achieving or exceeding sales targets in retail lending and investment products and service
- Demonstrated ability to be positive and flexible to change and work in a busy environment
Why work for us?
We offer a total rewards package that recognizes the meaningful work you do to support our members and our communities, which includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation
- Annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as support for retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U” and the option to purchase up to five additional vacation days
- Other financial perks such as our Employee Banking Advantages which includes waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages and no-interest loans on lifestyle-related items that promote health, wellness, learning and business aptitude
In addition you can enjoy socially conscious perks, like three paid days off every year, to volunteer for causes you care about.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion:
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.