We are seeking a Member Advisor to join our team.
The Member Advisor is responsible for providing front line member service to triage and manage member needs by asking members thoughtful financial questions and create positive experiences to retain and deepen financial relationships. Advance member knowledge and use of digital channels set up to serve and answer customer questions and addressing their concerns; raising matters as appropriate to team members or partners while maintaining confidentiality and accuracy. The Member Advisor identifies member life stage cycle and provides solutions to financial needs, and/or refers member to an appropriate advisor.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
Member Service : Triages member questions and needs through to digital channels and MAC where appropriate. Builds strong relationships with current and potential members; identifies member life stage cycle and provides financial advice to members or refers to appropriate advisor.
Member Transactions : Processes a full range of member transactions including, but not limited to opening personal or business accounts, debit/credit cards, and deposits. Directs members to appropriate digital channels and increase digital banking adoption as per branch goal. Achieves established individual sales and referral targets.
Branch Goals : Supports achievement of annual branch goals and objectives through proactive promotion of FW products and services, participates in branch campaigns, and actively seeks potential cross-sell and/or referral opportunities during interaction with members or potential members.
Other Responsibilities : Stays knowledgeable about emerging issues, evolving regulations and industry codes of conduct as well as participates in process improvement opportunities to protect the interests of the organization. Strives to achieve and improve service level agreements and productivity targets.
Branch/Team Support : Participates fully as a team member, helps build a positive and diverse work environment, willingly assist and mentor others in the completion of work activities, and addresses communication issues efficiently. Performs other duties as required by the branch leadership.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications :
- High School Diploma (required)
- Completion of FW Sales Essentials Course, within 6 months of hire (required)
- College, Trade or Tech School Diploma - 2 years (preferred)
- 1-year retail/customer service experience
- Proficient in computer software programs e.g. Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to identify needs and recommend products and services to members
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with current and potential members
- Demonstrated ability to be positive, flexible to change and work in a busy environment
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases.
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits.
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days.
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use.
- But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.