Title: Production Worker
Reports To: Production Supervisor and/or Leadhand
Unit Electrical Engineering, located in Okanagan Falls is looking to hire positive, motivated individuals for Production Worker positions to join our team.
What We Do:
Provide standard and custom designed electrical solutions to customers located in Canada and around the globe e.g., China, Australia, Russia, South America and Europe. Our markets are mining, oil & gas, renewable energy, transportation and various commercial and industrial applications.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages.
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits
- Company matched Registered Pension Plan
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
Summary of what you will do:
- Clean and perform preparation of work areas.
- Operate variety of hand and power tools.
- Measure and layout equipment using different types of measuring tools.
- Operate forklifts and overhead crane.
- Ongoing inspection of material and workmanship when conducting work to ensure quality of final product.
- Fat paced environment.
- Kneeling, bending, walking, lifting, standing.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Sometimes exposed to nontoxic odor's.
- Are often exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to quality & safety,
- Able to work independently and stay on task,
- Able to work with others as part of a team,
- Capable of moderate lifting on a regular basis.
- Capable of heavy lifting on an occasional basis.
- Able to take directions, remain respectful, and professional at all times.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.82 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the impact of COVID-19, UEE has policies and procedures in place to ensure that our employees are safe.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place