Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
The Watermark Beach Resort is looking for a dynamic Food & Beverage leader to join our resort Food & Beverage operation managing in our signature 15 Park Bistro as well as in our banquet operation.
Gratuities, Employee Discounts, Free Parking
Reporting to the resort Food and Beverage Manager, the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager has a true passion for great food, great wine, and fully appreciates developing a team that understands and can deliver outstanding service and dining experiences. They are a key member of the Food & Beverage leadership team at Watermark Beach Resort and is responsible for assisting the F & B Manager in overseeing the day to day operations of both the restaurant, pool bar and the operation of the catering & events on the banquet floor.
The Assistant Manager is also responsible for providing excellence in guest service, hosting VIP’s, Media, Wine Makers Dinners, Signature Experiences and group events in the restaurant, patio, penthouse and conference area. Specific tasks include working together with fellow department managers to facilitate in-house capture and teamwork; scheduling, training, and coaching of all front of house service staff; fostering open communication between the Restaurant, Culinary, Banquet, Guest Service, and Sales teams; managing inventory; and ensuring the highest attention to detail is kept regarding cleanliness and hygiene.
- Organize, control and direct the work of employees and floor supervisors in the restaurant, pool bar, and in Catering & Events as required while ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Train, evaluate, lead, motivate and coach staff, including supervisors to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met
- Opening, closing of restaurant and outlets, as well as catering and events
- Visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations and handle guest concerns or specials requests from guests, clients and group contacts.
- Use your experience and attentive nature to assist the Food and Beverage Manager in all aspects of the operation to elevate the guest experience and ensure associate safety.
- Develop and deliver restaurant service training programs
- Responsible for ensuring beverage inventory management
- Sets the example of personal excellence in grooming
- Sets the example of Watermark principles and values
- Maintain accurate and updated standard operating procedures in partnership with F&B Manager
- Provides assistance to the F & B Manager in developing incentive programs to support revenue growth and maximum fiscal results
- Positive inter-department communication to promote in-house capture
- Work with the F & B Manager, Executive Chef & General Manager to develop the Watermark wine and cocktail program annually.
- Assist the F & B Manager with employee recognition program management
- Involved in the promotions and advertisement of restaurant
- Assist with performance feedback and coaching of all restaurant service staff
- Ensuring that restaurant associates consistently have the tools to do their job
- Build guest loyalty through service standards & quality assurance
- Solicits feedback from both associates and guests to continually enhance operations
- Managing Silverware POS program and OpenTable Reservations management system.
- Responsible for correct billing and implementation of accounting procedures in all areas of Food & Beverage
- Scheduling and staffing functions
- Accommodate guests and conduct floor operations
- Liaise with the Culinary and the Catering & Events Departments to ensure consistent messaging of Food & Beverage offerings
- Conduct and attend regular Associate Meetings and shift briefings.
- Assist when and as needed in the support of other departments
- At least 3 years of previous experience working in the food service industry as a manager or supervisor.
- PASSION – for great food, exceptional wine, and team building!
- Champion excellence in guest service experience
- Must be able and willing to stand for long periods of time, as business volumes dictate. The position requires full mobility, continuous quick-paced movement, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds and pushing food carts up to 100 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel management degree or diploma is an asset
- Relevant post-secondary education or training preferred but not mandatory
- Must have a history of self-improvement, ongoing learning and goal setting
- Proven team building, training and service excellence skills
- Friendly – outgoing and engaging personality
- Luxury hotel experience is an asset, but is not required
- Diversity of experience within the industry, or comparable experience
- Computer literacy required including ability to understand and interpret financial data
- Must have current, or be willing to obtain before starting, Serving It Right certification
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, with shifts including weekends, holidays and evenings.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Guest Satisfaction
- Annual Performance Review
- F&B specific revenue target
- Annual Associate Satisfaction Survey (EOS)
- Revenue Maximization
What Is In It For You:
- Company events
- Subsidized Staff Housing
- Discounts on water sports and hotel partners.
- Discounted Staff Menu and Restaurant employee discounts.
- Free on-site parking
- Employee, Friends & Family rates at the Watermark Beach Resort
- Benefit Plan, including Extended Health, Dental, Life Insurance and family plans for full time permanent employees