Join the Wild Goose team as a seasonal Smoke & Oak Bistro Cashier
For more than 30 years, Wild Goose Vineyards & Winery, located in Okanagan Falls, has been producing premium quality wines that touch the four corners of the Okanagan; Sun, Earth, Fruit, and Family. The winery is a complete wine country destination offering vineyard views, a spacious tasting room, the Smoke & Oak Bistro with outdoor seating, and award-winning wines.
The Smoke & Oak Bistro at Wild Goose focuses on smoked meats and the fresh cuisine of the Okanagan. The Bistro will be open 4 days per week, Thursday - Sunday from May 20th until October 11, 2021. We are looking for one person at act as the order taker, cashier and cleaner for the Bistro during the 2021 season.
- Work closely with chef, cooks, and tasting room staff
- Prepare bistro everyday prior to opening
- Take orders, collect monies, and file reports daily to administration
- Clean and sanitize public areas of the bistro and close daily as per management instructions
- Help ensure kitchen and dining room maintenance, and hygiene is maintained
- Provide stellar customer service along with an exciting wine country experience
- Experience would be an asset, but not necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have a positive and outgoing disposition, attitude is valued over experience
- Ability to work under pressure during busy periods
- Must be driven and reliable, dependable transportation is essential
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to meet the physical needs of the position; able to lift 40lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Comfortable working with Point-of-Sale systems.
- Must be available to Thursday through Sunday weekly during the season.
- Food Safe certified.
- Serving It Right certificate
- First aid (preferably, not necessary)
If it sounds like you fit the ticket and you would like to be a part of our team, please send a resume and cover letter. We will contact candidates we are interested in for an interview.
Contract length: 5 months
Application deadline: 2021-05-19
Expected start date: 2021-05-20
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: Up to $16.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place