Full Job Description
At Phantom Creek we have created an exclusive brand experience for our guests to enjoy exceptional wine and a meal with breathtaking views in the heart of Oliver, B.C. We pride ourselves in delivering best in class service through strong culture of collaboration and communication with our diverse team members, a winning attitude and passionate about leaving a legacy.
Who we are?
Phantom Creek represents the vision of the Bai family to build one of the leading wineries in Canada. It was a quest that led them to the Black Sage Bench and two of the Okanagan's historic vineyards: Phantom Creek and Becker Vineyards. Today, Phantom Creek focuses on single-vineyard Bordeaux reds, Alsatian whites, and the Okanagan’s benchmark varieties of Viognier and Syrah from storied vineyard sites. Led by the tireless efforts of our vineyard team, our estate vineyards are farmed naturally, organically, and biodynamically. All overseen by Olivier Humbrecht, Frances first Master of Wine.
We are currently recruiting cooks / chefs to join our growing restaurant team. This hourly position will be based in the winery restaurant on Black Sage Road in Oliver, British Columbia. Reporting to the Chef and Sous Chef, this roles are responsible for preparing and cooking our restaurant's culinary offerings.
Our ideal candidates are creative professionals that will maintain our culinary standards.
What we Offer
- Full-time hours during peak season (May to October)
- A competitive starting hourly rate, including tips
- Comprehensive paid training
- Affordable staff housing (based on availability)
- Employee referral bonus'
- Discounts at the restaurant, events and wine shop
- Access to our employee wellbeing initiatives
- Set-up and stocking food items.
- Preparing menu items during service.
- Maintains standards for receiving, and storing food.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and hygiene standards.
- Recognizes products, presentations, and flavors of superior quality.
- Follows proper handling and the right temperature of all food products.
- Practicing of holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guaranteed food service sanitation standards are met.
- Practicing kitchen cleanliness, including the dish area during slower seasons when there is no dishwasher on staff.
- Basic culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts
- Catering, banquet, or group menu experience is an asset
- Flexible schedule including the ability to workdays, evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts
- Capable of performing moderate physical activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
COVID Safety Plan in effect. Enhanced sanitation procedures.
- Culinary: 2 years (preferred)
- cooking: 2 years (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)