Full Job Description
Experience Canada’s warmest welcome in Osoyoos, BC! Watermark Beach Resort is an upscale resort with a casual atmosphere. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and colleagues and to provide genuine, caring service. Our associates are active both at work and within the community.
We are seeking a few experienced 2nd Cooks who takes pride in what is delivered to our guests.
The 2nd Cook is responsible for supporting the resort's culinary team. The primary duty of the 2nd Cook is to prepare high quality food to order for guests based on established guidelines, keep work area clean and organized and conduct his or her self in a positive professional manner.
- Assume daily responsibilities according to schedule and business needs.
- Preparation of Restaurant, Banquet and any other food requirements.
- Requisitioning of food, beverage and dry goods from the storeroom.
- Check daily food requirements and prepare them accordingly.
- Ensure that refrigerators, freezers, working areas and kitchen are kept clean.
- Ensure that equipment is functioning, sanitized and that any maintenance is reported to Kitchen Management.
- Ensure strict control of waste and portion and help to control food quality and cost using standard recipe methods, pictures and maintain low inventory.
- Must never say no to a guest request without offering an alternative.
- Must comply with requests from departmental managers.
- Attend appropriate meetings.
- On a need bases: sweep, mop, wash down tables and general cleaning to ensure a clean and sanitary work place.
- Other duties as required
- Will assist with the restaurant kitchen as well as the banquet kitchen.
You will bring:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in line cooking and fair knowledge of fine dining
- Certificate or Diploma in Cooking would be an asset
- Self motivated
- Proven ability to work well under pressure as a supportive teammate
- Able to remain on your feet for long periods of time.
- Moderate lifting is required with in the kitchen