Food & Beverage BartenderSalary$17 an hourJob typeFull-time
Subsidized Housing available, Discounts at Food & Beverage outlets, Friends & Family room rates
Food & Beverage Bartender
The primary role of the F&B Bartender is to provide exceptional service to all customers at 15 Park Bistro, and at the various food and beverage outlets at Watermark Beach Resort, including the banquet floor. A Bartender is responsible for all aspects of guest service in our restaurant and banquet floor such as explaining cocktail ingredients, giving wine recommendations, and gaining the knowledge to promote menu items inclusive of our chef’s farm to table approach. This role will require the ability to work flexible hours in a small team.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service to all customers of 15 Park Bistro or banquet facilities at Watermark Beach Resort
- Bartend and provide exceptional customer service to guests within the bar by providing drinks and food orders in a timely manner.
- Good knowledge of spirits, brands, ingredients and their preparation.
- Have enthusiasm and knowledge of our menu offerings, extensive drink menus and any on-going promotions.
- Taking accurate orders of food and beverage while giving attentive, revenue-generating suggestions.
- Provide assistance to other associates and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the operation and the hotel
- Complete all restocking, cleaning and side duties.
- Excellent knowledge of local wine and chef’s menu and pairing opportunities
- Able to assist guests with their immediate needs as well as cross sell other outlets and resort amenities.
- Knowledge of property, surrounding area and attractions.
- Presents the property and the business in a positive manner for all telephone or in-person enquiries and reservations.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, polished and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Serve all beverage items for assigned banquet meetings
- Follow outlet policies, procedures, grooming and service standards
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested, or deemed necessary by management
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- BC Serving it Right or another province’s equivalent of responsible beverage service certification
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work as a team player in a busy restaurant or banquet floor
- Multi tasker who doesn’t crack under pressure
- A smooth sales style of selling Food and Beverage to customers
- A great eye for detail
- Able to be on your feet all day
- Previous experience as a bartender in a busy dining environment
- A polished style of service
- Able to work in the heat
What Is In It For You
- Company events
- Subsidized Staff Housing
- Free on-site parking
- Employee, Friends & Family rates
- Benefit Plan, including Extended Health, Dental, Life Insurance and family plans for full time permanent employees after 90 days