Do you enjoy meeting new people and being paid for it?
Reporting to the General Manager, the Server is primarily responsible for the service of all beverages and food to guests in a prompt, efficient and above all, friendly and courteous manner.
· Must be able to guide guests through the menu, answer questions, make recommendations, and suggest appropriate meals if required.
· Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
· Ensure that all guests benefit from current, on-going and upcoming promotions.
· Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
· Assist in the training and development of new employees when required.
· Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
· Perform various guest services by taking orders, serving food and beverages to the guests promptly.
· Collect payments from guests in a timely manner.
· Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
· Check guests identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
· Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
· Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, etc.
· Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
· Other duties as required.
· Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
· Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
· Previous serving experience preferred, but not necessary.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
· Must be Serving it Right and Food Safe Level 1 certified or be willing to become certified.
· Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Expected start date: 2021-04-04
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00-$15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
All guests and staff are required to wear masks. Boston Pizza has a regular 1/2 hour cleaning/sanitizing checklist throughout the days business hours.
- serving: 1 year (required)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (preferred)
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking, confirming orders and relaying to the kitchen or bar staff
- Serving food
- Serving alcohol
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Answering phone calls
- Placing to-go orders
- Prep or side work
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Assisting kitchen, such as plating and garnishing menu items
- Cleaning duties such as stocking, sanitizing, sweeping floors, washing dishes
- Reconciling daily cash transactions
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place