Food & Beverage Server
Experience Canada’s warmest welcome in Osoyoos, BC! Watermark Beach Resort is an upscale resort with a casual atmosphere. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and colleagues and to provide genuine, caring service. Our associates are active both at work and within the community.
The primary role of the F&B Server is to provide exceptional service to all customers of the various food and beverage outlets at Watermark Beach Resort, including the banquet floor. A Server is responsible for all aspects of guest service in our restaurants and banquet floor such as explaining dishes, delivering food, setting and bussing tables. This role will require the ability to work flexible hours in a small team.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service to all customers of 15 Park Bistro or banquet facilities at Watermark Beach Resort
- Provide assistance to other associates and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the operation and the hotel
- Complete all restocking, cleaning and side duties.
- Excellent knowledge of local wine and chef’s menu and pairing opportunities
- Able to assist guests with their immediate needs as well as cross sell other outlets and resort amenities.
- Good knowledge of culinary ingredients and their preparation.
- Knowledge of property, surrounding area and attractions.
- Presents the property and the business in a positive manner for all telephone or in-person enquiries and reservations.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, polished and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Serve all food and beverage items for assigned banquet meetings
- Full setup and break down for all assigned events, both indoor and outdoor
- Follow outlet policies, procedures, grooming and service standards
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested, or deemed necessary by management
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must have Serving it Right Certificate or equivalent from another recognized provincial regulator
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Able to work as a team player in a busy restaurant or banquet floor
- Multi tasker who doesn’t crack under pressure
- A smooth sales style of selling Food and Beverage to customers
- A great eye for detail
- Great physical shape as you will be holding a tray all day and helping to move tables
- Able to be on your feet all day
- Previous experience as a Food and Beverage server in a busy dining environment
- A polished style of service
- Able to work in the heat
- BC Serving it Right or another provinces equivalent of responsible beverage service certification
What Is In It For You
- Company events
- Subsidized Staff Housing
- Free on-site parking
- Employee, Friends & Family rates
- Benefit Plan, including Extended Health, Dental, Life Insurance and family plans for full time permanent employees