Phantom Creek represents the vision of the Bai family to build one of the leading wineries in Canada. It was a quest that led them to the Black Sage Bench and two of the Okanagan's historic vineyards: Phantom Creek and Becker Vineyards. Today, Phantom Creek focuses on single-vineyard Bordeaux reds, Alsatian whites, and the Okanagan’s benchmark varieties of Viognier and Syrah from storied vineyard sites. Led by the tireless efforts of our vineyard team, our estate vineyards are farmed naturally, organically, and biodynamically.
The Restaurant at Phantom Creek Estates’ mission is to serve our guests unabashed quality in an uncompromising setting.
The South Okanagan landscape offers us beauty and bounty. With the best produce in Canada our talented culinary team, lead by Chef Alessa Valdez & Sous Chef Elizabeth Kalin, create dishes that emphasise the importance of the local, and independent providers they work with.
Our mission extends throughout our Estate, to create some of the best wine in Canada. Our wines are estate grown and harvested by our Farming Team, lead by Amy Richards; processed, aged, and bottled by our Winemaking Team, Led by Mark Beringer; all to ensure our mission, of unabashed quality in an uncompromising setting.
Reporting to the Management Team, and working under the direction of the Sous Chef, the Station Cook is responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of given station.
What we Offer
- Positive Work Environment
- Affordable staff housing nearby (5 to 10-minute drive)
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Scheduling
- Extensive wine, culinary and guest experience training
- Employee discounts on wine, merchandise and at dining at the Restaurant
- Employee wellness program
- Team building events & more
What you will own & improve
- Advanced knowledge of Restaurant Reservation systems, specific understanding of phone etiquette and demeanour and an understanding of floor operations and flow.
- Upholding the standards of service set out by the Management Team and deliver with an attention to detail.
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests by providing service, interaction, and education above expectations.
What you already know
- Previous experience in a Host role, ideally in a fine dining or upscale environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of food and wine, with an understanding of common culinary and wine terms and verbiage.
- A capacity to multi-task in a fast-paced environment whilst still maintaining a consistently high level of standards.
What you will learn
- Build a guest-first approach to hospitality. Embracing a brand culture that fosters empowerment and decision making to create and maintain positive guest experience.
- Advanced wine and culinary product knowledge, specifically regarding the life cycle of a Winery (grape growing, harvesting, wine production and wine sales) and the seasonal changes of a Restaurant.
How success is measured
- Sales: Employee sales are tracked through the POS system. Regular audits are conducted to see guest expenditure and identify average sales per seat. These statistics are used to identify areas of opportunity for training and coaching.
- Reviews: Online review platforms like OpenTable, Google, Yelp. Management regularly checks reviews for positive (or negative) feedback, specifically when referencing service and their server's performance.
- Repeat Clientele: Creating a positive and memorable experience that convert diners into repeat customers, contributing to the reputation, and subsequent performance, of the restaurant.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract, Casual, Seasonal
Contract length: 3-5 months
Salary: $17.00-$21.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week