At Phantom Creek we have created an exclusive brand experience for our guests to enjoy exceptional wine and a meal with breathtaking views in the heart of Oliver, B.C. We pride ourselves in delivering best in class service through strong collaboration and communication with our team members, a winning attitude and passionate about leaving a legacy.
Who we are?
Phantom Creek represents the vision of the Bai family to build one of the leading wineries in Canada. It was a quest that led them to the Black Sage Bench and two of the Okanagan's historic vineyards: Phantom Creek and Becker Vineyards. Today, Phantom Creek focuses on single-vineyard Bordeaux reds, Alsatian whites, and the Okanagan’s benchmark varieties of Viognier and Syrah from storied vineyard sites. Led by the tireless efforts of our vineyard team, our estate vineyards are farmed naturally, organically, and biodynamically. All overseen by Olivier Humbrecht, Frances first Master of Wine.
We are currently recruiting Servers to join our growing restaurant team. These hourly positions will be based in the winery restaurant on Black Sage Road in Oliver, British Columbia. Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, Servers and Server Assistants are responsible for facilitating the guest experience in the restaurant.
- Prepare restaurant tables with silverware, glassware, and special attention to sanitation
- Present restaurant menus and provide detailed information when asked
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drink orders
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Carry dirty plates, silverware, and glasses to get cleaned
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Managing your section while working as a team
- Speaking confidently about our food, wine, and cocktail program
- Polish glasses, plates, and cutlery
- Excellent people skills and customer service skills
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Must be Serving it Right and Food Safe Level 1 certified or be willing to become certified
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. Your own transportation is required
- 2+ years serving experience
- WSET or equal is an asset
Please send resumes along with a brief description of yourself and an indication of which role you are applying for.
These are seasonal positions starting In May/June until October/November.
Phantom Creek does have a limited amount of staff accommodation available for seasonal staff.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- serving: 2 years (preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (preferred)