Deputy Corporate Officer
The Town of Oliver has an opportunity for a Deputy Corporate Officer to join the Corporate Services team in a full-time, permanent position. We are seeking an individual who is organized, focused, and has the experience and integrity to serve our municipality. If you have the talent to work well with people and you are passionate about providing valued services to your community, we want to hear from you!
Known as Canada’s Wine Capital, Oliver is home to 5,094 permanent residents and supports a trading area of ~10,000. Oliver’s labour force, social services, infrastructure, lifestyle alternatives and recreational assets provide for a healthy community and a strong base for sustained growth.
The Deputy Corporate Officer is integral to enhancing the productivity of the senior leadership team and supporting the organization to achieve its goals. In this role, you will manage corporate records and confidential information, prepare high-level correspondence and communications, record and transcribe minutes for Council and Committee meetings, prepare bylaws, compile agenda packages, process files and resolutions, and maintain electronic document management systems, among other responsibilities. In addition, you will act as the Deputy Corporate Officer for the Town of Oliver and perform the functions of s148 of the Community Charter in the absence of the Corporate Officer.
The ideal candidate possesses a degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A certificate in Local Government Administration of Certified Municipal Clerk qualification is preferred
- Good understanding of the Community Charter and Local Government Act
- Strong writing skills
- Takes responsibility for personal effectiveness, work quality, and timeliness and achieves results with modest oversight
- Proficient computer skills; the role will type reports and minutes using Word, organize Excel spreadsheets, and be willing to work with meeting management software and run meeting broadcasts
- Collaborates and communicates effectively when working with individuals and groups
- Exercises tact and diplomacy when working with elected officials, staff, and the public
- Builds relationships and solves problems proactively, adapts to the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Works autonomously to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours when required
- Other tasks assigned by the Supervisor
This Exempt position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information on the Town, visit https://oliver.ca/. Qualified candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity are invited to submit their resume in PDF format to the Town of Oliver.
Resumes will be assessed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled.
Town of Oliver
6150 Main Street, Oliver, BC V0H 1T0
Tel: 250 485 6202
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Education : Bachelor’s degree
Experience : Experience an asset