Records Management Coordinator
The Town of Oliver has an opportunity for a Records Management Coordinator to join the Corporate Services team in a full-time, temporary (One Year Term) position. We are seeking an individual who is organized, focused, and fluent in Records Management practices to serve our municipality.
Known as Canada’s Wine Capital, Oliver is home to 5,094 permanent residents and supports a trading area of ~10,000. Oliver’s labour force, social services, infrastructure, lifestyle alternatives and recreational assets provide for a healthy community and a strong base for sustained growth.
As the Records Management Coordinator for the Town of Oliver, your responsibilities include leading the development, implementation, training and maintenance of the Town’s electronic and paper records. The Town of Oliver utilizes the LGMA Records Management classification system. You work primarily with electronic records systems and storage, utilizing Laserfiche. This position also provides records management consultation, education and guidance to staff regarding records management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate has 1 – 3 years related experience in municipal government with a demonstrated understanding of legislation and processes related to Records Management and electronic records management software.
- Certification and or training in records management or a related technical field is considered a strong asset
- Ensure the creation, maintenance, storage, retention, retrieval and disposition of all Town records meets legislative requirements
- Assist with the development of training materials, manuals, presentations and programs for employees on records management systems, procedures and processes
- Promote best practices in electronic records management and migrate paper records to electronic storage
- Excellent understanding of records and documentation regulatory requirements relating to municipal government
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage and process a high variety and volume of tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision ensuring corporate objectives with respect to the records and information management program are met
- Demonstrated ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity involving confidential data
- Proficiency with computers including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Collaborates and communicates effectively when working with individuals and groups
- Other tasks assigned by the Supervisor
This is an Exempt position and offers a competitive salary. For more information on the Town, visit https://oliver.ca/.
Qualified candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity are invited to submit their resume in PDF format to the Town of Oliver.
Resumes will be assessed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled.
Town of Oliver
6150 Main Street, Oliver, BC V0H 1T0
Tel: 250 485 6202
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 1 year to less than 2 years