Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Report to: Executive Housekeeper.
Summary: An active participant in monitoring the supervision & control of cleaning and servicing the resort’s suites & Public Areas. This encompasses assisting the Executive Housekeeper to efficiently & effectively manage the Housekeeping and Laundry department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and check assigned employees’ tasks to ensure cleanliness and sanitization to Resort standards.
- Completes and submits daily inspection and progress reports.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new team members.
- Make payroll management a strong learning tool on the path to independent execution.
- Assists in monitoring housekeeping associates’ productivity.
- Report all repairs to maintenance.
- Check and maintain adequate par levels for all departmental inventory, equipment & accessories, reporting same to Executive Housekeeper to facilitate the re-ordering process.
- Reports any misconduct and handles such challenges with associates.
- Works collaboratively with the Guest Services/Front Desk and Maintenance departments regarding room status and enhancing guest experience.
- Ensure adherence to Resort policy regarding keys & overall room security.
- Conduct quality inspections of rooms and designated staff & public areas. Focus: maintaining Resort standards.
- Ensure the safe storage, issue and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment as directed by manufactures on their Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Ensure the correct handling of misplaced/lost guest items in accordance with Hotel Lost & Found procedures.
- Attend meetings as requested and contribute new ideas to the overall success of the Operation.
- Maintain standards of punctuality, uniform representation and personal hygiene as required by Hotel policy.
- Work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues, assisting where necessary to develop team spirit and high standards of work.
- Be familiar with appropriate action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
- Ensuring all guest comments and complaints are acted upon in accordance with Hotel policy.
- Execute tasks as required within the department to reduce workload or meet deadlines.
- Assists with maintaining schedules to ensure all jobs are covered in assigned areas.
- Assists with scheduling special projects, including seasonal cleaning of all guest rooms.
- Cleaning rooms or doing laundry when needed and daily room walk throughs.
- Room Drops for guest supplies, as requested (Front Desk Software: QUORE).
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, with at least one (1) year in a supervisory capacity.
- An exceptional eye for detail, ensuring that task (s) is followed through to satisfactory completion.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations regarding health standards for hotel facilities.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels, both internally & externally.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Computer literacy: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint included.
- First Aid/CPR preferred.
- Flexibity with schedule required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
*Walnut Beach Resort will only consider candidates who currently possess the legal right to work in Canada. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or be in active possession of an Open Work Permit and valid Social Insurance Number. Walnut Beach Resort is unable to sponsor international applicants.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cleaning: 2 years (preferred)