Front Desk Clerk/Guest Services Agent
Full Job Description
Experience Canada’s warmest welcome in Osoyoos, BC! Watermark Beach Resort is an upscale resort with a casual atmosphere. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and colleagues and to provide genuine, caring service. Our associates are active both at work and within the community.
First impressions count, right? We think so too! The Guest Service Agent is the face of our resort. If you are the type of person who could comfort exhausted travelers and make their day brighter, you may have what it takes to be a successful guest service agent. Making a positive first impression is essential because you are the face of the resort. A Guest Services Agent plays a critical role in ensuring that guests enjoy their stay. Exceptional interpersonal communication skills are essential from the first to the last point of contact with our guests. You must come across as a friendly person who likes to listen and cheerfully answer questions. A Guest Service Agent strives for a courteous, personal touch.
What you will be doing
As a Guest Services Agent, this position is responsible for the guest arrival and departure experience, processing payments and completing guest transactions to ensure guest satisfaction is met and exceeded. Guest Services Agents are expected to know all resort amenities as well as local activities and points of interest, and interact with guests at every opportunity. Guest Service Agents must be able to work in a busy and sometimes hectic environment. You will need problem-solving skills to address complaints, assist with maintenance requests, service orders, and guest inquiries. The Guest Services Agent is responsible for coordinating with bell service, housekeeping, and leadership.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to smile in person and on the phone
- Highly responsible and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Okanagan and local area an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Conflict resolution experience
- Patience and good listening skills
- Frequent standing and walking throughout entire shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 20lbs.
What Is In It For You
- Company events
- Subsidized Staff Housing
- Free on-site parking
- Employee, Friends & Family rates
- Benefit Plan, including Extended Health, Dental, Life Insurance and family plans for full time permanent employees