Guest Services Agent/Night AuditSalaryFrom $18 an hourJob typeFull-timeShift & schedule8 hour shiftOvertimeWeekend availabilityMorning shiftNight shiftEvening shiftDay shiftMonday to FridayHolidays
Job Description of Night Auditor / Guest Services Agent
The night auditor will be responsible for reviewing and accurately balancing all hotel and restaurant revenue for the 24-hour operating period during the overnight shift from 11 pm to 7 am. The Hotel Night Auditor will be mainly responsible for conducting a nightly audit, balancing and consolidating departmental ledger accounts, and preparation of various hotel operating reports. Night Auditors will report Accounting & Guest Services Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Audit responsibilitiesTrack all Complimentary stays (GC and Owner stays)
Complete the Daily Revenue Report.
Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
Processing charges and payments accordingly. This includes cash, credit cards, and reconciling any imbalances (Hotel and Restaurant)
Run the night audit reports and resolve any issues
Prepare guest bills for next-day checkouts
Perform all check-in and check-out tasks according to Walnut Beach Resort standard operating procedures
- Complete daily checklists and tasks to maintain organization at the Front Desk in an efficient and timely manner
- Make and manage online, phone and email reservations.
- Verify and register guests by collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay).
- Provide information about the hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities.
- Respond to guest complaints and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of the hotel software systems (RoomKeyPMS and Visionline).
- Demonstrate understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understand how travel planning websites operate, like Booking.com and Expedia
- Communicate with housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- Communicate with housekeeping and maintenance departments to ensure prompt responses to guest needs and of any changes throughout the day
- Upsell additional packages and services, when appropriate
- Report any accidents or injuries to senior management staff immediately
- Comply with company procedures and safety policies
- Answer internal and external phone calls and emails and direct guests to the appropriate department
- Greet guests and visitors as they enter the resort
- Complete check outs and check ins and receive payment
- Create guest reservations and advise callers regarding rates and packages
- Be knowledgeable about Walnut Beach Resort amenities and policies in order to advise guests accurately
- Post and balance payments and charges on guest folios
- Anticipate guest needs in order to provide seamless and exceptional service
- Receive and respond to guest concerns and address them promptly with the appropriate manager as needed
- Count and verify individual cash floats and maintain responsibility for all cash received and given out
- Prepare reports as required
- Arrange transportation or other services for guests
- Protect all confidential information of our guests, our colleagues and company, and our business associates.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Previous Front Desk or other hospitality experience preferred
- Previous experience with Roomkey Property Management System an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to focus on guest needs, remain calm and professional at all times
- Able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have a valid work permit
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly
- Completion of CPR and Standard First Aid
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person