Guest Services Supervisor
The Guest Services Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Guest Services team in setting direction, achieving property goals, and supervising the Guest Services departmental operations. The Guest Services Supervisor also serves as a resource and support to all Departments to ensure a smooth overall operation of the hotel in the absence of Department Heads and other Managers, serving as the “Manager on Duty” when required. The Guest Services Supervisor reports directly to the Guest Services Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervise Front Desk operations during your assigned shift.
- Ensure guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional, and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable
- Assist with the training, coaching and development of team members.
- Help create a positive, encouraging, and motivating team environment. Support, coach, and ensure that each member of the front office team is working as per hotel standards.
- Promote hotel policies and procedures, support internal networks i.e. Health & Safety
- General administrative support: scheduling, ordering, inventories
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed correctly, and monitor that proper procedures are being followed and necessary tasks are completed properly by front desk agents.
- Manage, resolve, or escalate all Guest complaints in a friendly and professional manner to the hotel standards.
- Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of better guest satisfaction.
- Answer all in-coming phone calls in a professional manner to the standard set by Walnut Beach Resort.
- Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, and process special requests; present statement(s) of charges to departing guests and receive payment(s).
- Clear and concise pass-on communication with colleagues and leaders in the department
- Ensure that end of shift reports and checks are completed.
- Ensure all areas of the Front Office operations meet expectations for cleanliness, sanitation, employee appearance, customer service, safety, and environmental standards.
- Perform the duties of a Guest Services Agent and other tasks and duties assigned by management as required.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of all front office related systems including but not limited to : RoomKey, TravelClick solutions, Guestfolio, Quore and Visionline
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- · Previous Front Desk or other hospitality experience required
- · Previous experience with Roomkey Property Management System an asset
- · Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- · Excellent communication and organizational skills
- · Ability to work cohesively as part of a team as well as independently
- · Ability to focus on guest needs, always remain calm and professional
- · Able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- · Must have a valid work permit
- · Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- · Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance
- · Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- · Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$20.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Are you currently holding a valid authorization to work in Canada ?
- customer service: 2 years (required)
Competitive wages, benefits available*.
Walnut Beach Resort will only consider candidates who currently possess the legal right to work in Canada. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or be in active possession of an Open Work Permit and valid Social Insurance Number. Walnut Beach Resort is unable to sponsor international applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Osoyoos, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)