Consolidated Fruit Packers, A Division of Star Produce Ltd.
Location: Osoyoos, BC Packing Facility
Status: Hourly, Part-time
Wage: $17-19/hour (dependent on experience)
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and energetic team player to be a part of a state-of-the-art, fresh fruit company.
Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) has been a leader in the Canadian fresh fruit industry since 1993. Supplying premium Okanagan valley apples, cherries, blueberries, and more to satisfied consumers. With over 60 years of combined experience and the backing of The Star Group, we bring new varieties and fresh approaches to meet the needs of our customers worldwide.
We are looking for a part time Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Our Osoyoos packing facility receives fruit (including cherries, peaches, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sorts it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Efficient administrative processes and positive, professional interactions with all our customers (internal and external) are important parts of our success.
-Provide administrative support in a positive and professional manner, including:
- Greet and direct visitors
- Answer telephone calls and take and deliver messages
- Respond to or refer questions from internal and external customers
- Track supply usage for repacks
- Route incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence
- Organize and maintain routine and confidential files, correspondence, and other records as required
-Participate in month-end inventory process, including physical counts and data entry
-Administration of in-house transfers of product and packaging to packing facility
-Work with packaging team to coordinate inbound and outbound movement of packaging to outside warehouses, including data entry to record movement of packaging
-Generate routine reports, including daily preliminary grower packouts reports and distributing to corresponding grower.
-Produce and administer daily KPI reports for Operations team.
-Accurate and timely enrolment of hourly employees in Dayforce.
-Contribute to continuous improvement in systems and procedures to improve efficiencies
- -Participate as a member of the Health & Safety Committee, including maintaining and distributing meeting minutes
-Liaise with employees in other Star Group offices
-Completion of other responsibilities as assigned
Key Attributes and Skills
- Communication (verbal, written, listening)
- Basic mathematical skills
Education and Experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to learn Ceridian Dayforce, MS Dynamics 365, as well as in-house software programs (including Sky and Aurora)
- Previous office experience is an asset
Work is conducted indoors at a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position is seasonal and may involve shorter shifts (4 – 6 hours in duration), with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June, July, August, and September).
- Frequent sitting, climbing stairs, and reaching with hands and arms
- Manual dexterity for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, crouching
- Occasional lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying of up to 20 kilograms (45 pounds)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (in PDF Form) in confidence.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to meeting you….even if it is virtually
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Dynamics 365: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook): 1 year (preferred)