Located in South Central British Columbia, the Osoyoos Golf Club is situated in one of the most beautiful and historically warm climates in all of Canada. If you’re ready to be appreciated for your efforts and provide great member/guest experiences at one of BC’s Top Ranked golf courses, please reach out to us. Osoyoos Golf Club employees receive competitive compensation, meal discounts plus playing privileges, in an enjoyable working environment.
We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated, customer-focused Administrative Assistant to join our team this October.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring the overall experience of members and guests is a very positive one, providing optimal customer service and ensuring the safety and satisfaction of each member and guest. Responsibilities also include providing support and ongoing information to the club’s member base and Board of Directors, including, but not limited to, account and file management, maintaining/updating database records, and general office duties.
The successful candidate will be able to recognize the importance of contributing to the team environment and will support other members of the team to provide excellent service to members and guests.
We are looking for a teammate with:
- A passion for offering exceptional customer service
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration and/or Hospitality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, managing competing demands
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications; including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher (or a similar application)
- Knowledge and experience with communicating through email (MailChimp), websites (WordPress) and social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Quick evaluation and decision making
- The ability to work efficiently in a non-supervised position
- Solid understanding of sales and event management and understanding and experience relating to the recreation and hospitality environment would be assets
This teammate will be accountable for:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of member and guest experience strategies, identifying opportunities at the golf club and with related industries and suppliers
- Determining the needs of members, advising prospective members, and processing memberships
- Making tee time reservations and addressing the needs and concerns of members and guests by answering questions
- Ensuring that all office equipment is clean, safe and in good working order
- Managing service contractors; including IT, office equipment
- Office administrative duties
- Assisting retail staff as required
The compensation package includes a comprehensive benefits program as well as golf privileges and will be based on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time year-round position, working Monday to Friday, 8am – 4pm.
Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications no later than September 15th, 2021.
We thank you for your interest in this position with the Osoyoos Golf Club. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please email resume and cover letter.
Reference ID: Admin Assistant
Application deadline: 2021-09-15
Osoyoos Golf Club provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41,249.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We follow all Provincial health guidelines regarding COVID-19 to ensure a safe work environment.
- Secondary School (required)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (preferred)
- receptionist: 3 years (preferred)