Transportation Sales Representative
JOB TITLE: Transportation Sales Representative– Permanent – Full Time
Position options include; Remote, Hybrid Remote or at our Oliver location.
Okanagan Containers - is looking for a permanent Outside Sales Representative to fill a full-time position starting as soon as possible.
This is a permanent, full time position Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm starting as soon as possible. Benefits package offered once the three month probation period is complete. Position will be open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Working under the supervision of the Manager the Transportation Sales Representative will provide knowledgeable, professional advice about Okanagan Containers growing fleet of long haul trucking services.
· Reaching out to new customers with new carrier packages.
· Getting loads for Long Haul Drivers, Provide rate quotations and assist with customer transportation requests.
· Work with agents/carriers to build rates and service offerings.
· Make follow-up calls to existing and new customers via telephone and e- mail in a timely manner.
· Proactive in following up with customer referrals.
· Be well versed in and emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms/reports.
· Coordinate schedule with the Dispatcher.
· Maintain and file accurate paperwork, records and reports.
· Demonstrate a positive work ethic, attitude and professional image.
· Enter order details along with costing and selling rates into system.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
· Direct work experience in sales
· Strong organizational, time-management and prioritization skills as well as solid analytical and problem solving abilities.
· Valid driver’s license
· Excellent Computer/Communication skills: Phone, Email, Word, & Excel
- Accountability - Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information verbally and written, with consistency and clarity.
- Decision Making - Makes concrete, well-informed and thought out decisions that support the overall organization.
- Planning and Organizing - Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting out goals and objectives and work plans to complete.
- Problem Solving - Uses logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete package including: Cover letter, Resume, and Driver’s Abstract. Only complete packages will be reviewed.
Local applicants please bring your cover letter, driver’s abstract, and resume in person to our office at 237 Maple Ave, Oliver BC, Monday through Friday 8:30 – 5:00pm.
Out of town applicants please attach your cover letter, driver’s abstract and resume.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday