Events Coordinator – Phantom Creek Estates
At Phantom Creek we have created an exclusive brand experience for our guests to enjoy exceptional wine and a meal with breathtaking views in the heart of Oliver, B.C. We pride ourselves in delivering best in class service through strong collaboration and communication with our team members, a winning attitude and passionate about leaving a legacy.
Who we are?
Phantom Creek represents the vision of the Bai family to build one of the leading wineries in Canada. It was a quest that led them to the Black Sage Bench and two of the Okanagan's historic vineyards: Phantom Creek and Becker Vineyards. Today, Phantom Creek focuses on single-vineyard Bordeaux reds, Alsatian whites, and the Okanagan’s benchmark varieties of Viognier and Syrah from storied vineyard sites. Led by the tireless efforts of our vineyard team, our estate vineyards are farmed naturally, organically, and biodynamically. All overseen by Olivier Humbrecht, Frances first Master of Wine.
The Marketing Manager works closely with the Sales and Marketing department to refine the company’s branding and messaging. Uses those to assist in designing all materials, marketing tactics and communication pieces required for the department’s sales channels, as well as the winery’s hospitality and restaurant offerings.
Executing this strategy will involve advertising, digital marketing, trade marketing, product registrations, reporting & analysis, procurement of materials & supplies, CRM management, inventory management, building promotions, planning, and executing events, assisting with PR, Media & Critics and competitions, creative designing, creative writing for external and internal pieces and communication across all departments.
Branding and Strategy
- In conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Director, develops marketing strategies aligned with our brand positioning.
- Builds programs and promotions for each defined channel to convert audience into loyal customers and eventual brand ambassadors.
- Assists with the design, content and copywriting for all products and programs including trade marketing collateral and campaigns, direct to consumer collateral, consumer education and experiences, website and digital media content.
- Takes ownership of the production of marketing assets as necessary for the execution of online and traditional marketing initiatives.
Marketing, Advertising, PR & Events
- Oversees all digital, social media, traditional advertising and signage.
- Manages and updates the company website. Actively tracks in Google Analytics and proactively suggests edits and design upgrades.
- Produces weekly reports on Web visitation, social media status, digital/traditional promotions, consumer demographics as well as sales, visitation and any marketing activation results.
- Assists with social media strategy and oversees digital media efforts including posting content and monitoring activity, responding to messages and actively connecting with digital markets to increase engagement and conversion.
- In charge of developing marketing plans to support sales of all on-site special events, dinners, concerts etc. ensuring target ticket sales are met.
- Keeps a detail record library of accolades, reviews, scores and accurately communicates, publishes noteworthy wins and integrates these in marketing materials as required.
- Takes ownership of all on and off-site activations including tradeshows, FAM visits, tastings and events across the company marketing calendar. Including planning communications and execution.
- Works with the Sales and Marketing Director as well as Public Relations company to action the planning and complete visit itineraries for all media/critics/journalists/influencers and ownership. Including setup and take-down.
- Ensures goals and targets for the company mailing list are achieved, tracked, and activated.
Packaging, Materials & Supplies
- Manages the development of all sales and marketing collateral for all channels and programs.
- Manages and maintains the database of all trade materials including tech sheets, portfolio, point of sale materials, event materials and special projects as directed.
- Manages the procurement and sample approval process for all design, redesign and new product launches-including bottles, labels, capsules and all relevant packaging and shipping materials.
- Co-ordinates all packaging required for production and registers products as required.
- Any other tasks or duties that may be assigned from time to time within or outside the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce, ideally focused on marketing and branding.
- Completion of WSET level 2 or equivalent.
- Currently or previously worked in dynamic, beverage alcohol company.
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience in Brand Development and Marketing.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suites (specifically Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign and Premiere Pro) is an asset.
- Proficient in social media and Digital Marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data and information to inform decision making.
- Experience using a CMS, such as WordPress, Commerce 7, MailChimp is an asset.
- Experience using analytical tools such as Google analytics, Facebook Ads manager, Wine Pulse is an asset.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills in English. French or Mandarin is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to set goals and manage projects, prioritize and see initiatives through.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Wellness program