Tasting Room Associate
The Tasting Room at Phantom Creek Estates’ mission is to serve our guests a memorable tasting experience which is a combination of learning and fun.
Our mission extends throughout our Estate, to create some of the best wine in Canada. Our wines are estate grown and harvested by our Farming Team, lead by Amy Richards; processed, aged, and bottled by our Winemaking Team, Led by Mark Beringer; all to ensure our mission, of unabashed quality in an uncompromising setting.
The South Okanagan landscape offers us beauty and bounty. With the best produce in Canada our talented culinary team, lead by Chef Alessa Valdez & Sous Chef Elizabeth Kalin, create dishes that emphasize the importance of the local, and independent providers they work with.
Reporting to the Management Team, the Retail Associate is responsible for providing support for the front of the house team, executing the Tasting Room Mission, and acting as a brand ambassador for Phantom Creek Estates.
What we Offer
- Positive Work Environment
- Affordable staff housing nearby (5 to 10-minute drive)
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Scheduling
- Extensive wine, culinary and guest experience training
- Employee discounts on wine, merchandise and at dining at the Restaurant
- Employee wellness program
- Team building events & more
What you will own & improve
- Upholding the standards of service operations set out by the Management Team and deliver with an attention to detail.
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests by providing service, interaction, and education above expectations.
- Learning about types of set up for different types of experiences offered throughout the Estate.
What you already know
- Previous experience in Food & Beverage operations.
- Beginner knowledge of wine is an asset but not required, with a passion to learn common wine terms and verbiage.
- Willingness to execute your job at consistently high standards.
- Comfortable using POS systems like Wine Direct, Commerce 7, etc.
What you will learn
- A capacity to multi-task in a fast-paced environment whilst still maintaining a consistently high level of standards.
- Build a guest-first approach to hospitality. Embracing a brand culture that fosters empowerment and decision making to create and maintain positive guest experience.
- Advanced wine product knowledge, specifically regarding the life cycle of a Winery (grape growing, harvesting, wine production and wine sales) and the seasonal changes of a Tasting Room.
How success is measured
- Sales: Employee sales are tracked through the POS system. Regular audits are conducted to see guest expenditure and identify average sales per order. These statistics are used to identify areas of opportunity for training and coaching.
- Reviews: Online review platforms like Tock, Google, Yelp. Management regularly checks reviews for positive (or negative) feedback, specifically when referencing service and their employees’ performance.
- Repeat Clientele: Creating a positive and memorable experience that convert tasters into repeat customers, contributing to the reputation, and subsequent performance, of the Tasting Room.
Please apply Within!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract, Casual, Seasonal, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Serving it Right Certificate (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)