Tasting Room Retail Associate
The Tasting Room at Phantom Creek Estates is dedicated to providing a memorable and educational wine-tasting experience for our guests, combining learning and fun. The mission also extends to the entire estate, where the goal is to produce some of the best wines in Canada.
The commitment to quality starts with the estate-grown and harvested grapes, overseen by the Farming Team led by Mike Anderson. The Winemaking Team, led by Mark Beringer, takes charge of processing, aging, and bottling to ensure the highest standards are met.
Our culinary team, headed by Chef Alessa Valdez and Sous Chef Elizabeth Kalin, takes advantage of the best produce in Canada to craft dishes that showcase the importance of local and independent providers.
Phantom Creek Estates is dedicated to creating a holistic and high-quality experience for our guests, from the vineyards to the tasting room and beyond.
TASTING ROOM RETAIL ASSOCIATE
As a Retail Associate reporting to the Tasting Room Manager, responsibilities include supporting the front-of-house team, executing the Tasting Room Mission, and acting as a brand ambassador for Phantom Creek Estates.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN & IMPROVE
- Service Standards Adherence: Upholding service standards as set by the Management Team with meticulous attention to detail.
- Guest Experience Creation: Creating memorable guest experiences by surpassing expectations in service, interaction, and education.
- Experience Setup Knowledge: Acquiring knowledge about various setups for different experiences offered throughout the Estate.
WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW
- Previous F&B Experience: Prior experience in Food & Beverage operations is preferred.
- Wine Knowledge: Beginner knowledge of wine is an asset but not mandatory, coupled with a strong passion to learn common wine terms and verbiage.
- High Standards: Willingness to consistently execute the job at a high standard.
- POS System Proficiency: Comfortable using POS systems such as Wine Direct, Commerce 7, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Guest-First Approach: Establishing a guest-first approach to hospitality, embracing a brand culture that encourages empowerment and decision-making to consistently create and maintain positive guest experiences.
- Advanced Wine and Culinary Knowledge: Possessing advanced knowledge of wine and culinary products, specifically understanding the complete life cycle of a winery, including grape growing, harvesting, wine production, and sales. Additionally, having insight into the seasonal changes in a Tasting Room setting.
- Multi-Tasking Skills: Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining consistently high standards.
FOR A DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION PLEASE CONTACT VIA EMAIL WHILE APPLYING.
HOW SUCCESS IS MEASURED
- Sales Tracking: Utilizing the Point of Sale (POS) system to track employee sales. Regular audits are conducted to analyze guest expenditure and identify average sales per order. These statistics are then used to pinpoint areas for training and coaching, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Review Platforms: Monitoring online review platforms such as Tock, Google, and Yelp. Management regularly checks for positive or negative feedback, particularly focusing on service and employee performance. Insights from reviews guide adjustments and improvements in service delivery.
- Repeat Clientele: Emphasizing the creation of positive and memorable experiences that convert first-time tasters into repeat customers. The ability to foster repeat business contributes significantly to the Tasting Room's reputation and overall performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract, Seasonal
Salary: $17.50-$19.50 per hour
Expected hours: 5 – 35 per week