Okanagan Falls – Area D
From the Okanagan Falls website: www.okfalls.com
Electoral Area "D" is comprised of nine unincorporated communities starting on the east side of Skaha Lake (D2) with Upper Carmi, Heritage Hills/Lakeshore Highland, Skaha Estates, Okanagan Falls and down to NE Vaseux Lake. The west side of Skaha Lake (D1) includes Kaleden, St. Andrews By-The-Lake, Twin Lakes and up to Apex Ski Resort. Okanagan Falls is the largest community in Area D and its population is approximately 2,500.
The Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen (RDOS) is responsible for administration, local governance and local services in these communities and has an Economic Development Services office in Okanagan Falls. A large concentration of vineyards and commercial wineries are located in the area and although the community was founded on agriculture and continues to have a strong economic and cultural connection to ranching, fruit production and forestry, the local economy has diversified considerably in recent years to include manufacturing, tourism and wine production.
Okanagan Falls is becoming home to a growing number of innovative and prosperous businesses that appreciate the exceptional environment in which to live and conduct business. Benefits of living in Okanagan Falls include:
- One of the warmest lakes in Canada, sandy beaches, trails and a strong emphasis on encouraging healthy and active lifestyles
- Four distinct seasons, long hot summers and mild winters make it without a doubt a recreational paradise
- Vast amounts of affordable, serviced industrial land for relocations and business expansion
- A perfect environment for custom manufacturers as well as the wood, wine and agricultural industries
- The surrounding communities continue to offer some of the most affordable housing in the valley
AREA 'D' ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SERVICES OFFICE
#1 - 5350 9th Avenue (Hwy 97)
Okanagan Falls, BC V0H 1R0
More information about the Regional District of the Okanagan Similkameen can be found at www.rdos.bc.ca
The Faces of the South OkanaganIn 2022, as part of our Chamber Community and Business Recovery initiatives we launched a new series featuring local businesses, organizations and stories about the people and attractions that make up our South Okanagan region.Okanagan Falls Centre for DentistryOkanagan Falls Centre for DentistryWe are grateful for the financial support of ETSI-BC and the Provincial Government which allows us to spearhead projects and initiatives such as this one.